I'm so delirious from typing and making figures I thought I'd take a break and type some more. Gleefully, I'm typing here, which is eminently more enjoyable than working on a doctorate thesis.
The good news is that by early January I should have this monster science critter off my back forever and can get back to the important things in life like LOST and the new Super Smash Bros. game that comes out on February 10th. Oh yeah, there's that whole "planning a wedding" thing too but, as I said, I have priorities. (I keed, I keed. Please don't kill me.)
But anyway, here's my schedule for the next couple months (blog related stuff):
November 7th-20th - Vacation in Italy
November 21st-22nd - Sleep off jetlag
November 24th-December 24th - Finish/revise thesis. Finish minor experiments. Attempt to get a few hour sleep per night. (finish Episode Reviews)
December 25th - Open LOST Season 3 DVD
December 26th-Early January - Work/practice thesis talk (Third Policeman Review)
Early January - Thesis Defense. Celebrate. Buy Nintendo Wii
Late January - (Lost Season 4 Previews).
Early February - Joy! Joy! Joy!
Yes, I'm going to be gone the next couple weeks to recharge my batteries before the stretch run. But there will me much Lost related goodness once I return. Anyhoo, here's a few links, some Lost-related, some not, to tide you over while I'm gone.
* As y'all have no doubt heard, Daniel Dae Kim was arrested recently for DUI making him virtually guaranteed to be killed off next season. Well, not really, but it certainly does move Kim's odds up in my Death Pool predictions.
* The imminent WGA strike worries me, although it does seem that Lost has a bit of a safety net thanks to their late start on the season.
* For those of you going to see "Beowulf" in the theater, it seems a new trailer for J.J. Abrams upcoming monster flick will be aired beforehand (I posted the original trailer here.) According to that CHUD link, the movie may actually be named "Cloverfield" and looks to have monsters plural both big and small. Sounds like a post-thesis must-see to me.
* Bigmouth got a big shout-out from Doc Jensen over at EW! Sweeeeeeeet!
* If you like video games, Yahtzee Croshaw over at The Escapist offers some of the funniest reviews on the internet. My favorite: His review of Tomb Raider Anniversary.
Anyhoo, hope everyone's holding up through the hiatus. For some good LOST talk, I'm sure Mempish, Bigmouth, Cool Freeze, Capcom and everyone else in my sidebar can keep ya' entertained until I'm able to engage to y'all again.
Light! Light at the end of the tunnel, I see!