Saturday, April 17, 2010

Link Dump 4-17-10

- This might just be the most awesome thing ever:

TV Guide has reported that O'Quinn has written a "Bible" for a series that would reunite him and Emerson, and possibly even LOST creator J.J. Abrams. That project, still untitled, will center on O'Quinn and Emerson "as suburban hit men juggling family issues." Does that not sound like perfect TNT fodder? And does that not sound even more awesome with those LOST names attached? I'd watch it, no doubt about it.

“I really hope this works out because Michael would be in his prime in this. We’d play kind of awkward partners," O'Quinn divulged. This is pretty much the antithesis of their LOST characters, in that neither Ben or Locke are exactly awkward. This would make the series even more awesome to see yet another side of our beloved Ben and Locke.

“It’s very sweet of him,” says Michael. “I’m all in favor of it. Any reason to work with Terry again.”

Would I watch this? Hell yes.

- Neat article on Hiroyuki Sanada, who plays (played) Dogen. Sounds like a really nice guy.

- Some fun, silly stuff:





- Paula has a nice review of all the dead people that have been seen on the Island. And I totally agree that Dave is merely a figment of Hurley imagination. In fact, I kinda consider the entire episode a tongue-in-cheek mind game the writers were playing with the fans. After all, at that point we still didn't know whether there was even an outside world or not (that wouldn't be revealed until the Listening Station set up by Penny caught the Discharge), so we really didn't know whether to take Dave seriously or not.

Of course, if the entire show had been merely a figment of Hurley's imagination a lot of people would have been a wee bit ticked off. ;)

- In case you missed them from the comments two weeks ago, these guys have a very entertaining Lost Vlog.

- I'm currently watching the finale of Battlestar Galactica on DVD. I might post a short review of thoughts and likes and dislikes of the series as a whole once I'm done (but no comments here - I still have the last two parts to watch). But regardless of how it ends, I've really enjoyed the series. Fabulous cast, great writing (in general) and just a lot of fun. I think most people who enjoy Lost will probably like BSG and vice versa. Highly recommended. :)

2 comments:

Paula Abdul Alhazred said...

I've really been meaning to check out BSG. I think once LOST is over the gf and I will give it a viewing, since I'm pretty sure I'll love it. I also hope Terry and Michael get their series on TNT.

I do think there's a chance Dave could turn out to be a ghost or something along those lines, given how similar his interactions with Hurley are to when Hurley communes with the dead, but I'm not sold on that idea so I left it off the list. I agree with you . . . it was a mindgame by the writers to toy with the idea of the outside world. They've basically admitted as much. I do wonder though if things haven't changed a bit and we aren't meant to see Dave in a different light. I've heard that the series will be addressing this question before the show is over, so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Have a good one!

dk said...

Hey thanks for the link! Glad you enjoy our vids.

-dsf