Wednesday, February 18, 2009

His Only Begotten Son

Tonight's brand-spanking new episode is called 316. Now I don't read the previews for episodes beforehand (I really find I enjoy the show more knowing nothing going in) and I'm really not religious at all either, but I've had enough Sunday school in my lifetime that I can guess what the episode title refers to:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. – John 3:16 (KJV)
So for those not keeping score:

Jacob = God
Locke = Jesus
Island = Heaven

And from there we extrapolate further:

Jack = The Prodigal Son
Michael = Judas
Sawyer = Samson
Kate = Delilah
Ben = The Serpent
Smokey = Metatron
Eko = John the Baptist

Which leads us to some other obvious parallels:

Arzt = Sodom
Frogurt = Gomorrah
Patchy = Lazarus
Walt = The Ark of the Covenant
Libby = Lot's wife
Vincent = Moses

Of course, we still have no idea who Adam & Eve are, but I'm sure we'll get them eventually. ;)

Enjoy the show tonight!

4 comments:

Tickey said...

Woot! Should be a good one. Still thinking Des and Penny are gonna wind up being Adam and Eve.

someGirl said...

I'm with you Jay...after my moment of horrible weakness back in Season 3 when I watched a long spoiler of the finale, I vowed NEVER to do that again. It ruined the entire episode/experience. Im completely content with wondering and speculating the entire week until the next episode comes out...then laugh at myself at how wrong I was on every point.

I leave all the LOST foder for when the season ends because it helops fill in the LOST void.

Missie said...

I agree with Des and Penny. And this post is starting to make you sound like Charlie. :)

Claire- Mary Magdelene??

Anonymous said...

Aaron was required, I believe, because Kate is now pregnant with Jack's moody, melodramatic seed. I'm willing to bet Kate is acting as a proxy for Aaron.


Why did you automatically assume that Kate was pregnant? Because she and Jack had sex? If Walt's presence was not required on Ajira 316, why would a pregnant woman be required?