Hannah's tagged me in the latest blogging game, an entertaining enough diversion to be sure.
The Rules: "Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and adds links to 8 other people and then visits those peoples' sites. Leave a note in their comments letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do."
1. I'm a graduate student, working on diabetes and metabolism research, particularly low-carbohydrate diets and how they affect diabetic complications.
2. I should have defended my thesis by now (and will soon), but I just can't seem to stop working in the lab. In other words, science experiments are fun, science writing sucks mouse balls.
3. Right now, my plans are to graduate, work for one of my collaborators for a couple years, apply for a grant, and either start up a lab or sell my soul to industry. Mmmm... baked soul.
4. I grew up in upstate New York, went to undergrad in Boston (lived there eight years), doing my undergraduate in New York City (lived there six years), and currently live in Bronxville (north of the city) with my awesome psychologist significant other.
5. I'm an uber-geek, Nintendo junky, comic book maven, board game jerk, and useless trivia wizard. All exceptionally employable commodities.
6. I'm a huge New York Mets fan, as is all my family, and baseball junkie in general.
7. I'm the oldest of three brothers, both of whom are married, and I have two young nieces, one two and a half years old and one two days old. :)
8. Other sites I frequent on the net: Fark (I'm a Top 100 submitter there), Blogshares (addictive little game), GameFaqs (I will win one of their summer contests one of these years), StumbleUpon (my old blog that started my Lost reviews). I'll have an extended post on Blogshares sometime.
Okay. Time to tag. I don't necessarily expect everyone to participate, but it does give me a nice chance to plug my blogroll and some other blogs I happen to like.
Ben Lundy At Broadcast Depth
Movies, television, and a whole lotta Lost. There's a lot to love here. :)
Blog All Around
Lost fan Yessifer's blog. Check out her post on the writers' Emmy suggestions for the show - I happen to agree with her 100%
Guy plays through every Zelda game from the beginning, blogging along way. Great idea, and really nifty execution
EYE M SICK
Bigmouth writes insightful, thought-provoking Lost theories. Check out his newest post on something near and dear to my heart: The Dark Tower
Hiding in Public
Ana's personal blog. Huge Lost fan who hangs out on Daniel's site...
CF is another great Lost theorist Check out his latest post on The Temple
The Lost Diary
Daniel's non-TMZ Dairy site. He runs a Q&A every Monday and is currently reviewing the first season. His most recent review is for "The Moth"
LOST, Hearts and Minds
Juno Walker analyzes Lost from a philosophical perspective. Check out his recent post on Ben's motivatons
Lost Island Time
Very nice new Lost Blog
MLB Trade Rumors
For any baseball junkies out there. The trade deadline is fast approaching and this is one of the best places to get your daily scoop on all the buzz out there.
Totally Amazing Lost Blog of Awesomeness
Best... Lost Blog Name... ever
The Lost Nazi
Lauren's a frequent poster on Daniel's site and a huge Lost fan.
Ryan's Smashing Life
Bostonian music fan. Positively wonderful blog. If you happen to be on StumbleUpon (or a blog reader) be sure to subscribe to his feed.
Think "Foucault's Pendulum" on acid. Lost symbolism is the key here. Neat stuff
*phew* - that's a lot of reading! Check 'em out! :)
BTW, the category here stands for "And Now For Something Completely Different," which just looks too ugly in the sidebar