Thursday, May 8, 2008

Got "Cabin Fever" yet?

Happy Lost Day! :)

I'm sooooooo excited for tonight's episode, which seems like it's going to be Locke-centric in some form. Question is, will it be a flashforward, flashback or something funky ala Desmond? I'm going with the latter and hoping for lots of Jacob-y goodness. :)

In regards to my comic posts, they'll be up the next week or so. Part of the problem I've had in writing them is that the majority of my old comic collection is still being graciously stored by my Mom (whom I've somehow convinced not to throw them all out). I happened to have the comics from my last post with me, but I don't happen to have any of the others.

Fortunately, I've managed to procure a Secret Wars trade paperback of off eBay and a copy of the one other comic I needed. I'll probably get them sometime next week and will post shortly afterwards. It's kind of win-win for me, since I've kind of wanted a Secret Wars paperback for a while now so I could read the entire series again - it really was a great series for a simple marketing gimmick (let's put all the best Marvel characters together and force them to fight all the best villains), even if it was one of the first of such gimmicks that really started the slow decline of the industry (mainly due to gimmicking ad nauseum during the 90's). But unlike other gimmicks, the story was pretty solid, the ramifications for the Marvel Universe were pretty significant and Dr. Doom was at his evil best throughout the series, actually managing to complete and execute a pretty decent plan to destroy all the heroes, only to fall prey to... well, you'll see.

Anyhoo, enjoy the show tonight! Go go Team Locke!

4 comments:

mastaiti said...

Jay, what are you talking about your former comics are at my house. Mom was getting rid of them so I figured...anyway happy lost day!!

Unknown said...

Seriously, Ev? If so, I had no idea... Eh, as long as you haven't destroyed them, enjoy! But since when do you have room for them?

Happy Lost Day, indeed. :)

Capcom said...

"Jacob-y goodness"...that's gonna be the best recap tag for this episode, I know it! :-D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.