Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Link Dump 1/6/2010

Happy New Year everyone! I've been busy with work, holidays and a new baby girl, but there's just too much Lost stuff floating around out there for me not to comment on! :)

* First off, just in case you haven't seen the terrific "Lost Supper" pics that have been floating around, you can find them here (along with the awesome one BSG did as well).

* New, very cool Darlton interview. Sequel or prequel? Eh - how about just getting Season 6 right first, OK? But this I like a lot:
The final season of ABC's "Lost" is going to be an emotionally intense journey that harks back to previous highlights of the series, with the ideological battle between Jack Shephard and John Locke taking center stage.
That is as it should be. This is interesting too:
We feel tonally it's most similar to the first season of the show. We're employing a different narrative device, which we feel is creating some emotional and heartfelt stories, and we want the audience to have a chance in the final season to remember the entire history of the show.
There are certain moments in films and TV that give you an emotional buzz, ones that stick in your memory, that you wish you could go back and watch again for the very first time. The ending of "The Usual Suspects" and "Shawshank Redemption" come to mind. Johnny Carson's farewell show and the ending of "Cheers" were also particularly emotional for me. I am really hoping that Season 6 gives me that same sort of buzz.

On the other hand, Season 6 could give us a "Dark Tower" sort of ending, an ending that won't please everyone and may even disappoint at the time, but really feels perfect in retrospect (I've talked about this one before, BTW).

* A Lost Attraction at Disney? Great idea! Sign the petition!

* "Lost in 8 minutes and 15 seconds" has been updated. Very cool!

Lost starts again on Groundhog Day! I do not think that was a coincidence! Woo hoo! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jay! First off, congratulations on the new baby! How exciting! I am due with a baby girl in March and it's a c-sec so I made sure I scheduled it on a Wednesday so I don't miss Lost!:) The Lost Supper pic is very cool, I've been looking at it quite a bit. I like that Jack is directly on his right as the Doubting Thomas.
I read your other posts and I meant to tell you, I did watch V and the new Prisoner. V was ok. I think I will watch it in the spring when it comes back. But I was very disappointed in the Prisoner re-make. I actually have seen the original thanks to my mom who grew up watching British spy TV in the 60's and coerced me into watching them now on DVD with her. The original was done really well and Lost has made me think of the show a lot. But the remake was just all over the place and I never really got the same sense of real mystery and isolation the first one had created.
Anyway, hope to read your posts when the last season of Lost starts in less then a month! Is it possible to be sad and excited at the same time???

Unknown said...

Congrats Carly on your girl! Good planning ahead with the scheduling! :)

Totally agree on the Prisoner - cool effects and Ian McKellen was great, but didn't you think all the other acting was awful? Very disappointed with Number 6 particularly.

As with anything, I'll be very sad once Lost is over, but I'm going to savor every second of this season for sure. Can't wait to watch it again with my little girl someday. :)

Missie said...

Re: The Disney Attraction
For years, I've referred to Tom Sawyer Island as "The Island of Suck". Terribly dull and sucky. Anything would be a vast improvement- a LOST island with smokey wpuld be an awesome one!

Missie said...

Carly,

If your little girl is anything like my 3, she'll try to come on Tuesday, scheduled C-section be damned! Have a back up plan!

Missie said...

And even though it will still be a little big for him, Desmond is busting out his LOST onsie for the premier! Oh yes, there will be pictures...

Unknown said...

Agh Missie don't jinx me!! ;)
Thank god for DVRs.

阿煌 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.